Trip to 代々木 (Yoyogi)

Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 by Ric in
0

I will use this post as a way to share some of the pictures I took on my last trip to 代々木.

Starts off with a nice lunch in a small Indian restaurant in front of the station:

image

Typical in Tokyo, a building with a different restaurant on each floor.

imageThen walking after lunch, I found this box interesting, the fact that graffiti art tends to drive itself so well into any shape and form is really interesting to me.

 

 

 

A fuller picture of where this box can be found below:

 

image

The sign reads “Yoyogi station”, the same box below:

image

The famous 自動販売機 (vending machines) of Japan, you can find them anywhere and buy from cold drinks to hot soup.

On the way to 原宿 (Harajuku) and as we get close to 代々木公園 Yoyogi park, we already start to see a clean well organized part of the area.

image

I like the signs on the floor to guide us as to what to do, like.. stop here! This is the graphic use of information to a degree I have only found in Japan.

 

 

The sign reads: “Stop here!”

image

Entering the Yoyogi park, you find it guarded by a guard house that actually fits in with the surrounding area.

image

 

Entering Yoyogi kouen.

(Yoyogi park)

 

 

Cool guard dude in Totoro style guard dude house (probably) doing sudoku

image

image

 

image

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and then.. that’s it, Yoyogi park

image

(maybe I will post about it another time) smile_wink

0 comments: